Skip to main content

New Semester

I haven't written a blog for a while. The reason was that I wanted to take a break from going online during my break. Since I'll be using my computer extensively now that I'm back in school, I decided to write a blog today.

So far, my classes have been ok. It's too soon to judge based on the fact that I've only attended one lecture for each of my classes. I've only been introduced to what we'll be doing over the course of the semester so there's not a lot going on right now. I am a little anxious and concerned about the amount of work I'll be having. I hope I can keep up with it all because I have a tendency to procrastinate which I know isn't a good thing. I guess I've just gotten used to working under pressure which can be a good thing and a bad thing in some cases. Speaking of getting work done on time, I should probably start my homework due tomorrow lol. I might not be able to blog once a week, but I'll try to update whenever I get the chance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here To Stay

Tenía 6 meses cuando mis padres trajeron a mí y a mis hermanos a los Estados Unidos. Querían una vida mejor para nosotros. Esperaban que tuviéramos más de lo que ya teníamos en México. Eso es lo que esperaban. I'm sorry, this is America. In America, we speak English. I was brought to the United States as a 6 month old baby with my siblings. My parents, hoping for a better future and more opportunities, uprooted our family here. That's what they hoped. I've been here for about 26 years of my life. 1 and a half of those years were spent in Mexico. One year was spent back in Mexico when I was 4 years old. I still had a visa then so we were able to go back. I was about 5 when I came back with a visa. Still a child and still naive to what our situation would later become. At 27 years old, I am an undocumented immigrant, or illegal alien as some would say. 22 of those years were lived with the uncertainty of what the next day would bring living here undocumented. I could ...

Taking a Break

Around the middle of January, I decided to give something up; social media. It wasn't a difficult decision. After years and years of it consuming a huge part of my life and my constant need to have my phone on me at all times made it clear. I needed to stop. Part of it was because I just felt like it was taking over my life. Another reason was that I just relied on it so much to provide some sort of comfort in knowing what people were always up to. Facebook was always my least favorite and initially was meant to update and connect with family in Mexico and close friends. Well, it turned into more than that and it became a negative source for me over time. I had already deleted my original account and created a new account with only a few select family and friends, but I hastily decided that I needed to rid of it altogether. Next was Instagram. I loved Instagram because it allowed me to share the pictures I took, which I absolutely love to do. But with all the new updates over the...

Happiness

You may think the title is a mistake, but it's not. This is a happy blog post. And I don't just mean a positive one. I mean, it's genuinely about me being happy. It's crazy. And I know this happiness may not be long lasting. But all I know is that in this moment, I feel happy. I accomplished some things that I didn't think I would be able to accomplish this week. I conquered a few small, but significant feats. They were personal feats that I wanted to accomplish, but didn't know when I'd be ready to take the plunge. You may have noticed in one of my earlier blogs this year how I mentioned that I had begun a new chapter of my dating life. Well, that was put on a break for a few months up until a few weeks ago. I had gone out and met a few guys a few months after my breakup, but it was still relatively tough for me to get back out there. The reason was that dating was and is still a very challenging task. Meeting new people has never been easy for me. Espe...