Skip to main content

Happiness

You may think the title is a mistake, but it's not. This is a happy blog post. And I don't just mean a positive one. I mean, it's genuinely about me being happy. It's crazy. And I know this happiness may not be long lasting. But all I know is that in this moment, I feel happy.

I accomplished some things that I didn't think I would be able to accomplish this week. I conquered a few small, but significant feats. They were personal feats that I wanted to accomplish, but didn't know when I'd be ready to take the plunge.

You may have noticed in one of my earlier blogs this year how I mentioned that I had begun a new chapter of my dating life. Well, that was put on a break for a few months up until a few weeks ago. I had gone out and met a few guys a few months after my breakup, but it was still relatively tough for me to get back out there. The reason was that dating was and is still a very challenging task. Meeting new people has never been easy for me. Especially people that might potentially become an important part in my life. It's definitely not any easier now than it was in the beginning, but I noticed that most of my fears diminish once I start talking and trying to find common ground with someone.

I know that this is something I wouldn't normally talk about on here. However, I did happen to go on one of the best first dates I've ever been on last night. If I dare say it, it was probably the best one to date. Naturally, I was nervous  at first and stumbled on my words on various occasions. But I generally felt more comfortable than I have in the past. It's not something that happens with everyone. And I'm not saying this is leading to anything. It's way too soon to know. The first date is where you get to know someone. If anything, a first date with someone you haven't previously met, is really just a meet up. The way I see it, it's an interview with a potential love interest. Who knows, maybe it's just a friendship. Maybe it's nothing. The possibilities are endless.

I'll be honest. I don't believe in love at first sight. I don't believe in soulmates. At one point I did. And it's not that I've become incredibly pessimistic over the years. I've just grown and developed a different perspective on life. I am a hopeless romantic after all. I still believe in chivalry and I still believe in love. But I know that love is something that builds up after getting to know someone. And you can fall in love with many people in many ways. It's interesting that way. Each person that you love, be it family or friends or a partner, is different. And I believe it's because everyone is different. You connect in different ways with different people.

I'll have to admit, I know it's a long road ahead to be in the place I want to be in. I know that being in a state of happiness is something you work towards. Your mentality plays a huge role in the way you perceive everything and even the way life happens, if that makes sense. Yes, depression is real and so is every other mental disorder that people battle with. I know this very well. But I also believe that we are in a constant battle with our mind and we have to fight our way through and change the way we behave in order to overcome our fears.

If you hate where you are now, do something about it. Talk with people. Start there. Then, find something that makes you happy. Do that. Then, slowly start doing more and more things. What helps me is keeping my mind busy. Because as long as I'm busy-in a good way-I know that I don't have time to let the negativity sink in. As long as I'm taking care of myself and surrounding myself with people, then my mind will begin to adapt to positive settings. You have to set goals for yourself and start small. You can never fully plunge into something because it will overwhelm you. Life will come at you and try to tear you down, but you have to remember: this is your life. You're ultimately in control.

And that's where happiness begins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Website

I published my website about a month ago. All my new content will be published there. Feel free to visit: To Write With Passion I hope to see you there. Monse

Positivity

Do you ever wish you could reach out to someone to tell them some good news, but this person is no longer in your life and you have no way of communicating because you deleted all forms of communication long ago? Because at the time, you were so angry and hurt. I'm sure we all go through this at one point or another.                                         *** It's been a little over 9 months. And in the past couple of weeks, the year is slowly shaping out to be a good year. I was able to go on vacation for a week and a half and it was one of my favorite vacations I've been on. The first few days were completely liberating since I went off to Texas completely alone. I met some great people there, saw some amazing sights, and never truly felt alone during my time in both San Antonio and Austin. Then I went off to Orlando with my best friend to celebrate our 13 years of friendship. It's actually amazing how fast the year is going by now that things are starting to